Project Management Certificate
Begins March 16, 2015
Businesses normally change and adapt to their competitive environment by implementing projects to achieve strategic initiatives. Unfortunately, many projects are late, financially overrun or they fail to deliver on business objectives. Certification in Project Management is rapidly becoming one of the most sought-after credentials for today’s professionals.
Whether you are a senior executive, program manager, project manager or a project team member, it is YOUR job to help YOUR organization grow and increase its value. Successful project planning and execution involves a carefully designed set of tools, techniques and processes designed to help manage change, drive competitive advantage, and deliver results in-line with your organization’s corporate strategy.
WPI’s Project Management Certificate has been designed for those project management professionals who want to make a significant contribution to their organization by successfully managing projects that will make a positive business impact. It is taught by highly-skilled project management professional practitioners. This highly-regarded certificate covers the best practices outlined in the most updated Project Management Body of Knowledge, third edition (PMBOK Guide) from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
A unique feature of this program is the use of company-specific case studies, allowing the participants to immediately apply the learnings from each course to real life business scenarios. At the end of the Project Management Certificate, participants are awarded Certification in Project Management from WPI’s Corporate and Professional Education. PDUs earned can be used toward PMP certification training requirements (new and maintaining).
- Dates: March 16, March 23, March 30, April 6, and April 13
- Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Location: Marlborough Courtyard Marriott
- Price: $3475
- CEUs: 3.5
- Principles of Project Management Methodology
- Project Management Planning and Scheduling - Setting Boundaries and Planning Techniques
- Project Leadership & Communications - Leading the Project Team
- Project Risk Management - Forecast, Monitor and Mitigate Risk
- Project Execution and Control - Running the Project and Project Pitfalls
Certificate Requirements / Guidelines
- Complete all 5 days of training
- CEU or credit transfers are not available
- Students will progress through entire certificate as an intact group (cohort format)
Who Should Participate
Professionals who have an interest in project management for their organization. This may be their main job title, part of other responsibilities, or an area of interest for future growth/opportunities.